Friday, September 5, 2008

Turning to Roald Dahl to Make Me Feel Better


I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, so I'm looking up quotes that talk about nervous breakdowns, and Dahl was the first one I found.


  • Nobody gets a nervous breakdown or a heart attack from selling kerosene to gentle country folk from the back of a tanker in Somerset.
-Roald Dahl

  • One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is tha belief that one's work is terribly important.
-Bertrand Russell

  • A bad liver is to a Frenchman what a nervous breakdown is to an American. Everyone has had one and everyone wants to talk about it.
-Art Buchwald
  • I have been to hell and back. I had a very, very bad nervous breakdown.

-Andy Gibb

  • Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through. It is potential liberation and renewal as well as enslavement and existential death.

-R.D. Laing

  • I have a nervous breakdown in the film and in one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch.

-Emma Thompson

It's sad that I can't find anymore. Sort of a let down on today's society, what with it's stress-propelled lifestyle. Ah well. On with a life I live my way; umph.

No comments: