Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Really Frustrated With My Shakespeare Class Because They WON'T Comment on My Soliloquy

So I'm posting it on here, dang it! I have to write a soliloquy from Shakespeare's point of view, and my idea is that he didn't write a large majority of his plays. He's reflecting upon the hour of his death, and this is what's running through his mind (this is only the opening--I haven't written the other four segments yet).


How now? Are my days curs'd to end as such?
T'would be well deserv'd, i'faith. Night pulls th'veil
O'Nyx 'cross my frail eyes; surely day's gone.
O! That I could sink i't'the Khaos from which I sprung,
Or else fly t'Aether on silken clouds; No-
I am Pontius, curs'd t'wash my bloodied hands
Which do reek o'th'carnage of life's o'erthrows.
Aye, what suff'ring does plague my haggard mind
As if some serpentine poison settled,
Seeping int'those fescennine crevices
Which the soul doth attempt to sepulcher.
Still, was it not fate's hand which interven'd?
Hath I all the blame? No no, surely not.
For if conscience made cowards of us all,
Good England would lack much posterity;
'Tis better the world gain the folio,
Be it hardly of my own withered hand,
And reap the benefits of truest art
Gained by perfidious means 'n'motley pens.
Th'most fervid of pens was Edward de Vere,
That solemn, poetic aristocrat;
Then Sirs Francis Bacon, Walter Raleigh
And th'intellectual Edmund Spencer,
Those gentlemenly philosophicals;
Last came Lord Brooke and Sir Philip Sidney,
And his charitable sister Mary
Of whom th'incomparable pair were sprung.
Ah! Art ardent memories t'plague me such?
Whilst wonders became masterpeices
In this circle of stage worthy players,
I scarcely gave to't, yet recieve th'applause!
Yet peace-I'll let reminecence take hold And live in blissful recollection
Until night pulls it's everlasting shade.

3 comments:

Hunferth said...

If the so-called actor from Statford could write like this, he would have been better known as a poet. As it is, he couldn't write poetry as elegantly as this or we'd have some evidence of that.

caiserman said...

ok ill start by saying that although i found your blog while looking at big bang theory quotes, that i have been reading your blogs through and just ave to say i think your brilliant i really do. your wording, the way you manange to put true emotion into your writing and made me feel sad or laugh (in the case of the big bang theory quotes - ok not yours but shh still great) but i just think your great. and although i wish you all the best and all the happyness you deserve, theres a part of me thats releived that im not the only person who feels lost sometimes, thank you for your words, for they have helped me without you even trying. i shall be watching your blog space and i shall keep reading. again thank you

caiserman said...

and
p.s - why when i proof read something do i always miss one or two spelling mistakes, seriously EVERY time lol