Saturday, October 18, 2008

Techno and Apple Salad. What Can I Say?

Sometimes life hits you in the face with a baseball bat. Other times, it pitches the ball to you at a hundred and ten miles per hour. But you know, it's better than standing in the outfield, watching everyone else screw up and getting no action. Which is how I've been feeling recently.

But things are starting to change. Like my wallflower role might be disappearing. Maybe I've hit the dancefloor. But I feel like I've lost something. Maybe a perspective. But I'm not going back. No way. Life only comes once. And people change. I think I've changed. Some of it's subtle, some of it's not. I wonder if anyone will be able to tell. I wonder if it will make a difference. All I can do is keep dancing. I guess that's all we can expect from anyone. It's a little hard. But it's way more fun. I'm excited.

Hopefully I'm making the right choice. I was doing fine on my own. But I think there were costs. I was very lonely. And maybe too ambitious. It's a cold way to live life. And in retrospect, what's more important: the place I make it to, or the life lived to get there? I've gained so much by losing that initial ambition. I'm so much happier, even though things are just as tough; maybe tougher. And I'm not as lonely. I want to help. I want to love them the way they've loved me.

1 comment:

D. Fullmer said...

You know what people say...change is good. If you are willing to let go of some of the bad, you will have room in your life for the good. Like techno music...so who likes techno? Is he handsome?