Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Shakespeare's Nostalgia...and Where It's Taking My Soliloquy!

This is part two to my Shakespeare soliloquy. I don't like it as much as the first, but it's only a rough draft.


A dangerous tune to which we danced
I'th'beginning o'our glorious fame.
Whence I left kindred Lancashire
T'drain lively London's fortunes dry,
(5) Met me said courtiers,
All o'whom desired my assistance.
Rapacity, avidity;
No excesses lessen'd m'desire
For those treasures freely given,
(10) And as such, freely taken.
But O! Vivid, dark, doom'd Macbeth!
Hecate was my lum'nous glory,
My bitter, acrid enchantress,
Unsullied partner t'sultry Nyx;
(15) Her impassioned speech t'th'Weird Sisters
Was my prized contribution
T'th'cursed play, our James ancestry.
O! Fair is foul and foul is fair!
How dost life seem now, so artless,
(20) Lacking th'substance o'intrepid man!
Ah me, how foolish. My dull brain
Was wrought with things forgotten.
How well our own Edward writ it!
Truth, Brooke was th'tortured soul o'Macbeth
(25) And so writ th'lines eternal: Life's
But a walking shadow, a poor
Player that struts and frets upon
The stage and then is heard no more....
T'was such idyllic tyranny
(30) Upon a soul, so that refrains
O'mine t'were heard by God in Heaven!

No comments: