Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sometimes All You Need Is a Musical and A Wendy's Frosty (not the vanilla kind)

Life has been really stressful lately, and part of me feels as though it's my fault. I've got about two good friends at my school. I'm not doing so well in math--Okay, I'm almost failing. I've got competitions for my best sport in the upcoming weeks and I don't feel like I'm strong enough. I need to get a job and I haven't got a car yet to get anywhere, much less my liscense. Boys are being stupid (not that that's new).

That's why I jump at the happy chances. Sometimes you just need to jump in your friends unsafe car to go watch a cheesy musical. Sometimes you need to catch up with the people you've been missing for months. Sometimes you need to play with the radio and the GPS (which I forgot to name--dang it!). Sometimes you have to turn the wrong way at the light and wonder how to get home from there. Sometimes you need to go to Wendy's, freak out because you think it's closed, then realize the drive thru's open and buy two frosty's and sit in a Walmart parking lot and enjoy chocolatey goodness. And sometimes it makes everything better. Especially if it's a good friend who will put up with your crazy antics (and doesn't mind being bitten).

And maybe sometimes you have to help your friend dress up as a mummy (or a crash test dummy). Sometimes you have to dress up as a hippy (who got cold and put on her jacket) and go trick-or-treating and garage haunted housing. Sometimes you have to play mafia and find (to your utmost shock) that Bean and Anberlin lover killed you off. Sometimes you have to watch a scary movie you can't deal with and scream (yes, I'm sorry to admit, I do scream during scary movies). Sometimes you have to eat a rediculously large amount of candy. Sometimes you have to dash outside and try in vain to make curfew.

Hee hee, life feels better now.

No comments: