Friday, December 26, 2008

Black Butterfly: The Soul's Lament (A moment of teen angst for which I must be forgiven)

I sat down beside her
Waited; a sound, a stir, a sign
Anything.

The Black Butterfly took her ruby ring and sang
'The only way to go is after the fireflies:
Weaving within the husky threads of forsaken willow hair
In a clearing by the river,
Sweet river.'

The Black Butterfly held her tainted heart and whispered
'When lilies fade, all is lost
And golden dew will never guise the fragrance gone
Beneath a silken air,
Virgin air.'

River rose, I cried
While she cherished the wind and made it scream
'Goodnight sweet song,
Goodbye.'
Sky sank she waited;
Watched me praise Demeter in the lavender evening shadow
Never knowing,
I was vulnerable
And she knew
When she grasped me, an icy hand,
And could not let go.

Did she know--
Did she know her soul
Could never stand it?




Well...that was...stupid. Oh well, I still can't help but like it.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

It is quite poignant......