Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Perceptions of a Snowflake as it Falls to Earth

I felt strange in my murky confines , aware of a difference between myself and the rippling confines around me. A loosening, and a soft release--what is happening? I panic, aware of my descent, but uncomprehending of my surroundings. My mind spun as I twirled and swirled with a dizzying unaccoustomness. I discerned, vaguely (for I was still vastly out of control), a multitude of delicate, clear chrystal droplets which spun in equal disarray and confusion. My mind closed in on these sparkling beauties, rendered speechless and stunned; what were they? Absolute perfection? Never had I encountered such singular bellezza, such delicate splendour amidst timid opulence. How was this natural fragility obtained? I envied it beyond my mind's comprehension. Why was this spectacle available to those joyous flakes of divine purity, and not to myself? From where did such wonder birth?
My spinning slowed and I watched my drifting companions with unmasked jealousy. It wasn't fair; it would never be fair. I felt a renewed gust of western wind and with it dismay at the new frenzied tumult as my very limbs quivered at teh accute harassment of my very fibers.
Apparently I had landed, and in a thick blanket of celestial shimmer, the frightening movement had ceased.
Then it hit me--I was one of them. I belonged.


This was impromptu upon reading a letter my friend wrote, in which she posed and answered her own prompt. This is my answer.

No comments: