Monday, January 5, 2009

Reflections of a Sick Girl in Bed at Midnight

When I could barely see her,
The moon was my friend;
My companion
Who let my sickness seep from my fingertips
As I sat alone in bed
Listening to her quiet refrain.

But the light went on
And my friend
Wes enveloped in a strange sort of darkness
And formidable distance.
The Cold gripped my lungs
And I lurched,
Hoping to see her;
Glimpse her charm.
But the softness was gone.

And yet even now
I see her honeyed rays across a frozen tundra;
With that vastness of space
Which seperates our kind,
How do these gleams settle across my lap
Like a long forgotten doll
Taken from a silver-lined chest?
I reach to caress her,
Comfort her sweet sobbing,
But with a wisp of soft wind
She vanished,
Fearful,
From my lap,
And sunk into the depths of midnight
Without even saying goodbye.

I turn out the light,
Still hoping to bring her back.

No comments: