Friday, April 4, 2008

My Favorite Inspirational, Ironic and Sarcastic Quotes

To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
- Pierre Corneille

The hero is no braver than the ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
- J. K. Rowling

We have no simple problems or easy decisions after kindergarten.
- John W. Turk

A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
- Chinese Proverb

It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy Disney

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

I'd rather be right than President.
- Henry Clay

Moral cowardice that keeps us from speaking our minds is as dangerous to this country as irresponsible talk. The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.
- Margaret Chase Smith

Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain

The time is always right to do what is right.
- Martin Luther King Jr.

I could care less about your dog, and I hope your cat dies tomorrow.
-me to my blabbering friend

We're Getting To The Ones I Enjoy Now:

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.
- Stephen Bishop

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
-Groucho Marx

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
- Frank Zappa

The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.
- George Bernard Shaw

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
-Oscar Wilde

He was happily married - but his wife wasn't.
- Victor Borge

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-Mark Twain

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
- Clarence Darrow

If you ever become a mother, can I have one of the puppies?
- Charles Pierce

You have delighted us long enough.
- Jane Austen

Familiarity breeds contempt -- and children.
-Mark Twain

He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.
- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)
Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?
- Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

He is a self-made man and worships his creator.
- Irvin S. Cobb

He has Van Gogh's ear for music.
- Billy Wilder

He loves nature in spite of what it did to him.
- Forrest Tucker

Calamities are of two kinds: misfortunes to ourselves, and good fortune to others.
- Ambrose Bierce

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victems he intends to eat until he eats them.
- Samuel Butler

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
- Eric Hoffer
(very true of modern society)

A good listener is usually thinking about something else.
- Kin Hubbard

Every time I look at you I get a fierce desire to be lonesome.
- Oscar Levant

The trouble with a kitten is that it eventually beomes a cat.
- Ogden Nash
(I have the same problem)

FEEL FREE TO ADD SOME OTHER NEAT QUOTES IN THE COMMENTS AREA...I'M IN NEED OF INSPIRATION!

5 comments:

Deano the Great said...

He who stands on toilet is high on pot...

BR549 said...

If you think Im talking to myself, your wrong. I just have closer friends than you.

BR549 said...

Some may find solace in ridiculing others, I however am above such mindless superficial behavior.

Anonymous said...

in the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

Anonymous said...

I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. thanks for providing this.

www.n8fan.net