Monday, April 21, 2008

Painful

I feel as though something in me has been drowning for the longest time, and I realize that it's confidence. Not the confidence they talk about in self-help books, but confidence in others; confidence in those I care about. Whenever I look around me, I see things and people falling apart. More than that, though-they're becoming hollow.
I know, that makes no sense. But nothing means as much as it did to me before. My parents divorced at the end of march, and my father told me he was engaged less than a week later. I'll be attending his wedding in a few weeks.
One of my best friends is no longer talking to me, and I have absolutely no idea why. He's decided that I no longer fit into his life, and for this, I feel more angry than I should.
Another good friend has drifted from the person she once was, and I can't respect her in the same way I once did.
Another one of my friends is yearning for someone to love her the way love has always been portrayed for her, and I'm afraid that such a love doesn't exist. I don't know how to tell her, so all I can do is watch and wait and continue trying to persuade her to be more careful with her heart.
Another one of my friends is settling for someone who does not deserve her, and she won't listen to me. I'd let it be, but he's hurt her before.
Another one of my friends found out that she has cysts, and consequentially may not be able to have children, but we're still waiting and praying.
My friend's father is dying, and I think that this is what hurts me the most. He hurts so much, and all I can do is sit around aimlessly and watch, give a few hugs, etc. I want to help so much, but I feel useless. There should be a way to comfort him.

I'm complaining so much, but I'm too upset right now to care. maybe I shouldn't post this.

Too late.

No comments: