Friday, March 28, 2008

I decided to have a musical day today, so I watched Moulin Rouge, Guys and Dolls, Beauty and The Beast, Fiddler on the Roof, and now I'm watching The Phantom of the Opera. Musicals I request (not in alphabetical order):

Funny Face (Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn-the known dancer and the unknown dancer. Not that Audrey was unknown, but her acting is most acknowledged.)

South Pacific (I'm not sure why I like it so much. It's just charming.)

Don't Cry for Me, Argentina

The King and I (I love this one. It almost follows the idea of Beauty and the Beast)

Jailhouse Rock (I performed in)

Guys and Dolls (I hope to perform in)

Beach Blanket Bingo (obnoxious, but fun to watch)

Ziegfeld Girl (Judy Garland at her best)

An American in Paris (Danny Kaye-my hero)

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

A Hard Day's Night (I had to add the Beatles in somewhere)

The Phantom of the Opera (spectacular cinematography and impeccable music, though the Phantom himself has a voice that is somewhat wanting. His pitch wavers a few times, and it bothers me. But very good.)

Singing in the Rain

The Band Wagon

Arabian Knight

The Pajama Game (the choreography is entrancing. You can't help but watch.)

Footloose (Fun to watch with friends, but gets tedious. Save it for an upbeat occasion.)

The Sound of Music (What's there to say that hasn't been said? It's one of the most well known musicals out there for a reason.)

Moulin Rouge (incredible cinematography, in an over-the-top way. But that's the point.)

The Boy Friend (cute once in a while, but can DEFINITELY get on your nerves after a while)

Yankee Doodle Dandy

On Moonlight Bay

Mr. Quilp

The Inspector General (Danny Kaye, what can I say?)

Saturday Night Fever (Gotta love John Travolta)

Fiddler on the Roof (overly long, but satisfying)

The Wizard of Oz (I performed in)

On With The Show

Beauty and the Beast (my favorite animated film of all time!)

Oliver!

It's Always Fair Weather

Shall We Dance

Quest for Camelot (okay, kind of sucky movie, but Cary Elwes is in it!)

My Fair Lady (one of my very favorites. Some feel that Audrey wasn't properly suited for this role, but I loved it.)

On The Riviera (another Danny Kaye...hee hee)

Holiday Inn (Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire-where the song, "White Christmas" came from, later used in a movie with Bing and Danny)

The Pirates of Penzance (classic)

Mulan (I performed in)

Kiss Me Kate

Up In Arms (and again...Danny Kaye.)

Cabaret (decadence is the only word to describe it)

Yolanda and the Thief

Fame (I love this one!)

Annie Get Your Gun (girl power at it's best)

The Pirate (obvious Hollywood sets, but sweet and clever)

West Side Story (I don't like the idea of Romeo and Juliet, but I do like this movie-they aren't as unreasonable as their inspiration)

No comments: