Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Politics (poly-many & ticks-blood suckers)

Many of my acquaintinces of late have been asking me about my political views (or just "republican or democrat?"-narrow minded bigots), to which I do not know how to reply while giving a short answer. I do not have moderate views, but they are not completely democratic nor republican. Let me explain.

I am for gay marriage. Am I gay (well, lesbian in my case)? No. Am I okay with gay marriage? Not really.

I am pro choice. Have I gotten an abortion? No. Do I approve of abortions? No.

I'm against the war. So is everyone else. That's no news.

There are a lot of other issues, but these are the ones I feel like talking about. If you want me to talk about something else, COMMENT ON IT AND TELL ME SO!

I am a Christian, and the Bible is against gay matrimony. But it doesn't say that Christians should alienate people who are gay. I love my friends who are gay and I would be so lonely without them. And the Bible clearly states that people are allowed a choice. So all of the pious bigots out there need to STOP LOOKING AT THE SPECK IN SOMEONE ELSES EYE, WHEN THERE'S A LOG IN THEIR OWN!

I am also not for abortion, because if you're pregnant, it's a baby. So if it's not a baby, you aren't pregnant, so there's nothing to worry about. What bothers me is when people won't admit that they are killing a baby. But I believe that it is the woman's choice what she does with her child, and I will not interfere with her choice.

Again, please comment!

No comments: