Sunday, March 23, 2008

Keeping the Facts Straight

I need to get this out right away. I'm always hesitant to talk about it when I know the anger, resentment and outright hate people feel towards the subject. I am not here to convince anyone that I am right and they are wrong; I'm just getting the facts straight. This is what I myself believe, and many will disagree with me, which is something I accept.
I am a Christian. Before you spit at this blog (metaphorically or literally-your choice), let me just say that I understand. Many so called 'Christians' are closed-minded bigots who never try to understand their beliefs, with unfair and unkind lies shoved down their throats, willing to be accepted. I ABHOR that! How dare anyone cast a stone, to speak metaphorically. But I'm not going to argue against them-I'm stating my beliefs.
Yes, I do believe in God. But I believe that Christianity is more than that. I believe that God created the galaxy and everything on earth, and that Adam and Eve did sin (it is NOT just women's fault, though I will admit that we instigated it), so we can't live in ignorant bliss. Phooey.
And I believe that the world got so bad that God desperately needed a way to help us humans (because we screw up sometimes), so he gave up his son to keep us from going to Hell. This is where I believe Jesus comes in. I believe that Jesus proved that he is a man of the people, a fact that so many 'Christians' today forget. So he knew all his life that some of his best friends would betray him to his death, that the so called 'religious leaders' (much like the pious ones existing in our world today), and that he would hang-nails shredded through the tendons in his arms and ankles-for three hours until he didn't have the strength to breathe any longer.
And I believe that three days later, when Mary Magdalene (yes, the once-prostitute, because Jesus IS a man of the people) and two other women went to Jesus's tomb to anoint him (don't ask me why they do that-it's a tradition), he wasn't there. He appeared to his desciples and everyday people for forty days, then went to Heaven, promising those who believe that they will be with him there for eternity.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't have everything in my life together, but I KNOW WITH ALL OF MY SOUL that God will forgive me for anything if I ask him to. And that is what keeps me going when I feel like I can't hold on.

Awesome Lyrics:

You think youre alone there in your silent storm
But Ive seen the tears youve cried
falling down and trying to drown
The flame of hope inside
Let me tell you now, tell you now

(chorus)
When youre walking in the dead of night
And your soul is churning
When your hope seems out of sight
Keep the candle burning
All it takes is one steady heart in a world thats turning
Shine a light and pierce the dark
Keep the candle burning
Keep the candle burning

When youre down and you're discouraged
When the darkness clouds your view
You've got to gather up your courage
You know the lord is gonna see you through
Let me tell you now
Tell you now

(repeat chorus)

One ray of light always breaks through
Follow wherever he takes you
Wherever he takes you

(Point of Grace)

No comments: