Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Milking High School Musical

You've got to wonder how long they can keep the mediocre plots, terrible scripts and plastic people going. After a while, won't people get sick of it? I got sick of it after performing in the musical. The choreography is what got to me. No one dances like that. Just deal with it.

I can't decide who bothers me the most: Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens or Ashley Tisdale.

Zac is the personification of shovanism combined with narcissism. I mean, one can only raise their eyebrows at the camera with the "God, I'm sexy" look so many times before you get the impression of some arrogance issues. And so plastic! Ken's got nothing on Efron! I can see him in twenty years, beer gut and excess stubble (not the cute kind, but the kind that must dig into his broad's face when they make out), watching HSM over and over, oggling at himself in his glory days of acting.

Vanessa (or is she baby V?) is one of the many desperate starlets gracing the tabloids with her exploits, but it's hard to feel sorry for her when she ISN'T SORRY about her nude pictures and what not. I mean, come on. If that's what you need to do in order to keep a guy interested, shouldn't you reevaluate the quality of your personality? Can you be so shallow and insipid that you have to rely on your body (something that every other girl can offer him)? Just a thought to ponder.

Ashley reminds me of the popular girls striving to be the best in a setting (highschool) that will never allow them to be the best. No matter how fashionable and pretty you are, there's always someone prettier and more fashionable. But they keep trying, and keep becoming disappointed. I feel sorry for her, because she probably will never learn.

Out of all the characters, Lucas Grabeel and Monique Coleman have the most realistic roles, though stereotypical in certain ways. What I love about Grabeel is that he is multitalented, and in my opinion, has the best voice. Ignore the frilly dancing and his voice is incredible! This is him singing "I Can Go The Distance" from the Hercules movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_fuRqqBXU

So rotten tomatoes at HSM, but something good comes from it: Lucas Grabeel!

No comments: